Hi everyone! The coming year will be busy! I've got a crazy-busy teaching schedule below, will have another article for Machine Quilting Unlimited, have quilts in exhibits in the US and Australia, have developed an "a la carte" workshop to learn my fused collage and quilted method which permits guilds to book from one to five day workshops, and have yet another workshop under development that will be ready when I resume travel-teaching in 2016. Since my younger son will be a high school senior soon (GASP!), I'm taking a Senior Sabbatical to be home for that time so I can attend each and every cross-country, wrestling and track meet. I hope to take the time to FINALLY write that book on bindings, edge-finishes and display options for quilts and make some new major art quilts.
Visit my Resources page to include tutorials, videos (including the preview for my DVD workshop), my free bibliography and more, Class Supply lists for my class offerings. I've also revised my About page to include a less-stuffy statement and, at the bottom, a long list of my publication credits. I hope you will browse the site and enjoy!
Here's my upcoming schedule:
- January 18: Quilting the Garden: From Photo to Flower, Backroads Quilters, Gardiner, Maine
- March 19-22: Fort Lauderdale, FL, lecture and Hawaiian Applique by Machine Workshop
- March 21-22: Boca Raton, FL, the Lakeland Quilters lecture and Fine Finishes Workshop
- April 8-11, Charlotte, NC area (Pineville):
- April 8, lecture;
- April 9-10 two-day Quilting the Garden: From Photo to Flower workshop,
- April 11 one-day Quilting the Garden: From Flower Collage to Art Quilt
- May 23, Bridgton, Maine: Chickadee Quilters: one-day Workshop
- June: Vermont Quilt Festival! Judging early in the week, then
- Thursday, June 25: Balinese Garden Workshop
- Friday, June 26: Tame Fiddly Fussy Threads for Machine Quilting Workshop
- Saturday, June 27: Birch Pond Season Workshop
- Sunday, June 28: half-day Easy-Peasy, Inside-Out Bag
- July 24-26: Maine Quilts
- Friday, July 24: Birch Pond Season Workshop
- Saturday, July 25, Decorative Stitch Applique Workshop
- Sunday, July 26, Let's Machine Quilt Workshop
Late August through late June 2016: NOTE: From August 2015 through June 2016, I am taking a "Senior Sabbatical." It's the kid's senior year, and I want to get to every single meet!
PS: My two quilts are still lost, probably forever. But just in case, here is the information:
ALERT: two of my quilts were lost on or near October 11, 2012, in Lomita, California after having been in two shows. They are Fields of Gold (left) and Dogwood::Dawn (right). For more information, please see my blogpost here. Here are the two missing quilts:
If you know anything about there whereabouts, please use the contact me page and let me know! Thanks!