So, I am supposed to be working on something that has a FIRM due-date of mid-to-early-ish March. I have dyed the fabric and know what I’m going to do, but got sidetracked for a few days doing something I’ve wanted to do for eons: paint the basement room that has the furnace, water heater, fuel oil tank, and water pump in it. WHY? Well, it’s where I do my fabric dyeing. Since fabric is a lot more attractive than cement, here’s my last two batches of fabric. Remember them, you’ll see them transformed at some point this year.
What provoked this flurry of activity? The Elfa sale at the Container Store, where good quality closet storage stuff goes on an annual 30 percent off sale. Decided after much research it would be the best option for getting some shallow shelves above my “not a legal sink but a a basin” in my dye room because it would require the fewest screws going into the cement foundation walls and those few could be above grade (important for when the ground and snow melt in spring). Here’s the before:
I decided that I couldn’t stand putting the Elfa stuff in without finally painting the walls white (which will help with light and visibility in the room), so I started painting. Four days ago!
I finished the last of the painting/priming today. I used DryLock which helps keep water out on the cement walls. It is like trying to paint with sludge/mud/thick paste. ICK. Primer on the base of the chimney/stone fireplace, and semi-gloss on the wall behind the sink as well. I’ll post pics of the shelf stuff once it arrives and is installed. It will require a masonry drill bit and Advil for the arthritis in my hands that will be aggravated from drilling the holes!